The facilities in EUPLA extend to a total surface area greater than 12,000 metres squared. It is located in two buildings, the main one, located in the Calle Mayor of La Almunia, and the second, in the Ronda San Juan Bosco in the same town.
Both buildings incorporate School activities, such as the teaching of the various degrees that are offered, these being; Industrial Organization Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Civil Engineering and Technical Architecture.
For organizational reasons, in the building on Calle Mayor, Industrial Organization Engineering and Mechatronic Engineering are principally taught, while in the building on Ronda San Juan Bosco, the other degrees of Civil Engineering and Technical Architecture are taught. This division being approximate, and not total means that either building can house any activity of any of the degrees that are taught in the EUPLA.
In the last year, important refurbishments have taken place, updating or completely changing the furniture in four class halls, and also the installation of a new study and work area for the students with an upgrading of the computer equipment with a total of 50 I5's and with suitable software for the degrees on offer. Three laboratories have been completely renovated, updating their equipment, along with other areas also refurbished.
In this field, it is worth highlighting that a new Data Central Processor has been installed.
All the halls have the latest projectors and screens, and with boards, tables and chairs to cater for the various users, with comfortable measurements and distribution. The teaching staff have portable computers for their own work and for teaching classes.
The Law 51/2003, of the 2nd of December, of equal opportunity, non-discrimination and universal access to persons with a disability is based on and highlights the concepts of non-discrimination, positive action and universal access. The law forecasts, in addition, the regulation of the effects of sign language, the strengthening of social dialogue with the disabled persons representative associations through their inclusion in the Royal Patronage and the creation of the National Disability Council, and the establishment of a calendar of accessibility by law for all new or existing environments, products and services. It establishes a gradual and progressive obligation that all environments, products and services must be open, accessible and practicable for all persons and have a timetable and calendar to carry out the necessary modifications.
It is EUPLA's aim to facilitate access and integration in conditions of equal opportunity attending with special care to the situations where it is necessary.
There now follows a description of the facilities, such as the surface area, the size and the services and materials they offer. The two buildings that make up the school’s campus are described separately.
Facilities in Building 1. Calle Mayor Building
It has an approximate size of around 7,500 square metres, made up mainly of class halls and laboratories. In addition, it also contains other necessary areas to carry out day-to-day School activities, such as offices, departments, secretariat, etc.
The building has two lifts that allow access to persons with reduced mobility to practically all of the building, making it an accessible building.
The majority of the halls have work stations equipped with stand alone tables and chairs, that are easily adaptable to the needs of persons with reduced mobility or with special needs.
A 260-square-metre room with 8 big tables provided with 8 reading posts each, reading light and sockets for laptop computers.
In this library students also have access to:
- 2 computers with internet access to read digital magazines and check out Projects and Dissertations.
- 20,751 books
- 2 daily newspapers and 1 monthly one
- 5 technical journals subscriptions.
As students of the University of Zaragoza can borrow books from other schools and Faculties. More information and access to complete catalogue can be found in the following link, http://biblioteca.unizar.es/
The facilities in the EUPLA are made up of various halls and areas set aside for teaching and other activities with the ability to be adapted to the different needs that can arise, a well as the number of the various groups, adjusting itself to the circumstances in an optimum fashion.
- 3 Classhalls of 185 square metres with capacity for 169 people.
- 1 Classhall of 108 square metres for 36 people.
- 2 Classhalls of 85 square metres with capacity for 60 people.
- 1 Classhall of 100 square metres with capacity for 108 people.
- 1 Classhall of 150 square metres with various layouts.
- 1 Classhall of 95 square metres with various layouts.
- 1 Project Room of 65 square metres.
- 1 Hall of 300 square metres with capacity for 288 people.
In addition it contains an Aula Magna, acting as a Graduate and Assembly Hall, with 250 square metres and capacity for 288 people.
There are a total of 3 computer rooms.
The first of these, on the Ground Floor, with a total of 48 machines and the same number of workstations, with an area of 150 square metres.
The second, on the third floor, with 20 machines and up to two workstations, with an area of 90 square metres.
The third, on the fifth floor, with 20 machines and up to two workstations, with an area of 185 square metres. It is also equipped with printers, such as a colour laser printer, an A3 size and a large format printer, plotter type, A0 size.
A great effort is made to equip the laboratories with the latest perishable materials,in sufficient quantity and in good condition, in order to carry out lab work properly.
- Metrology Laboratory, 65 metres squared.
- Fluids Laboratory, 85 square metres.
- Mechanics Hall, over 500 square metres.
- Physics Laboratory, 180 square metres, totally equipped.
- Chemistry Laboratory, 70 square metres.
- Electronics Laboratory, 90 square metres.
- Instrumentation Laboratory, 130 square metres.
- Automation Laboratory, 160 square metres, with 15 computers and capacity for up to 3 students per station, also equipped with a Flexible Cell with 6 stations.
Departments and teaching staff offices, Meeting Room, Porters, Photocopying and printing service, toilets and other areas.
There is a fully-equipped university cafeteria/dining room, of approximately 300 square metres (it is currently not in service).
Facilities in Building 2. Ronda San Juan Bosco Building
It is made up of approximately 4,500 square metres, mainly consisting of class halls and labs. In addition, it also contains other areas necessary for carrying on day-to-day School activities, such as offices, departments etc.
The building has an entrance ramp to compensate for the height difference between the level of the street and the building. Also, inside, it is equipped with a lift that allows access for persons with reduced mobility to all the building, making it an accessible building.
The majority of the class halls have work stations equipped with free standing tables and chairs that are easily adaptable to the needs of persons with reduced mobility or with special needs.
- 4 class halls, each approximately 100 square metres and capacity for 84 people.
- 5 class halls, each approximately 55 square metres and capacity for 36 people.
- 1 class hall, approximately 100 square metres and capacity for 60 people, with large tables..
- 1 project room, approximately 70 square metres.
- 1 room with 20 machines with space for two work places in each one, 124 square metres, and the possibility of connecting up to 10 personal work places.
- 1 room with 20 machines and up to 2 work spaces at each one, 102 square metres.
- 1 room with 10 machines and up to 2 work spaces at each one, 50 square metres, and the possibility of connecting up to 5 personal work places. It is also equipped with printing machines, such as a laser printer, size A3 and a large format printer, colour, plotter type, A0 size.
A great effort is made to equip the laboratories with the latest perishable materials, in sufficient quantity and in good condition, in order to carry out lab work properly.
- Materials Laboratory, fully equipped, more than 500 square metres in size.
- Construction Laboratory, 390 square metres of available space.
- R&D Laboratory around 80 square metres.
- Study Hall, around 50 square metres.
- Work Areas, around 100 square metres.
- Technical Office of around 165 square metres.
- Departments and teaching staff offices, Meeting room, Porters, reproduction service, toilets and other areas.
- Student areas for lunch.